TORONTO, Feb. 1, 2016 /CNW/ – Hamilton Capital Partners Inc. (“Hamilton Capital“) is pleased to provide additional disclosure about the investment portfolio of the Hamilton Capital Global Bank ETF (the “Fund“), which began trading on Monday, January 25, 2016 on the Toronto Stock Exchange in Canadian dollars under the ticker symbol “HBG“.
As of January 29, 2016, the portfolio of banks held by the Fund had the following attributes:
- The current geographic distribution of holdings is spread across 15 countries, including: United States (33%), Canada (18%), Northern Europe (9%), Australia (7%), United Kingdom and Ireland (5%).
- As of month-end, the Fund had 53 holdings, including 20 U.S. banks, 4 U.K. / Irish banks, 5 Northern European banks (Denmark, Netherlands and Sweden) and 3 Australian banks.
- Of the 20 U.S. banks, 16 — representing 80% of the Fund’s U.S. bank portfolio — had total assets of less than $75 billion. Less than 5% of the Fund’s total holdings were in the top 10 banks in the U.S. by total assets.
- The U.S. banks are headquartered in 12 different states, spread across all major regions, with 54% of the portfolio in the West, 15% in the Southeast, 14% in the Mid-Atlantic, 9% in the Southwest, and 8% in the Midwest.
- All of the Northern European countries represented in the Fund have a higher GDP per capita than Canada and none of the banks in this region have significant global investment banking operations.
- Direct exposure to banks domiciled in emerging markets is 11%, including 8% exposure to India, which remains one of the world’s fastest growing economies. The Fund has 1% exposure to Mexico.
- The Fund currently has no exposure to Chinese banks.
Over time, the Fund is anticipated to hold between 40-60 global bank stocks, with a diversified geographic mix including approximately 50% North America, 25% Europe and 25% other countries. The Fund provides exposure to more than 10 countries, as it seeks to take advantage of the most attractive themes in global banking as identified by Hamilton Capital’s portfolio management team, and provide quarterly dividend income.
Additional facts about the Fund can be found on Hamilton Capital’s website, www.hamilton-capital.com. While there, please see Hamilton Capital’s Insights section that includes a variety of notes on the global financials, including recent trips notes on Europe.
About Hamilton Capital Partners Inc. (www.hamilton-capital.com)
Hamilton Capital is an investment manager headquartered in Toronto. Specializing in the global financial services sector, its team of professionals has nearly 50 years of experience combined in the financial services sector. The firm employs a specialized investment process, augmented by proprietary research, analysis, and analytical tools to manage its portfolio of investment products. Hamilton Capital is also an active commentator on the global financial services sector. The firm’s most recent thoughts can be found in theInsights section of its website, www.hamilton-capital.com.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with an investment in exchange traded products managed by Hamilton Capital Partners Inc. (the “Hamilton Products”). The Hamilton Products are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. The prospectus contains important detailed information about the Hamilton Products. Please read the prospectus before investing. Certain statements contained in this news release constitute forward-looking information within the meaning of Canadian securities laws. Forward-looking information may relate to a future outlook and anticipated distributions, events or results and may include statements regarding future financial performance. In some cases, forward-looking information can be identified by terms such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” or other similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. Actual results may vary from such forward-looking information. Hamilton Capital undertakes no obligation to update publicly or otherwise revise any forward-looking statement whether as a result of new information, future events or other such factors which affect this information, except as required by law.
SOURCE Hamilton Capital Partners Inc.
For further information: Patrick Sommerville, Managing Director, Business Development, Hamilton Capital Partners Inc., 416-941-9250, email@example.com