- Actively managed portfolio of U.S. mid-cap financials (US$0.5 bln to US$20 bln market-cap)
- Consensus portfolio-weighted EPS growth of 24.0% (2018E)
- Targeted exposure to firms operating in higher growth regions/states with greater rate sensitivity and M&A potential
- Universe as large as the Canadian equity markets with over 500 firms and combined market cap over $2 trillion
- Managed by portfolio management team with over 50 years’ experience
- Scroll down for HFMU.U Manager Commentary
HFMU.U Manager Commentary
HFMU.U: U.S. Bank Mergers in Two Charts (Dec 4, 2017)
Notes from the Field: Everything’s Peachy in Atlanta (June 13, 2017)
Notes from the Field: U.S. Mid-Cap Bank Meetings in New York (June 2, 2017)
Top 10 Holdings1
|#||Ticker||Name||Sub-Sector||Market Cap (US$)||Weight|
|1||IBKC||Iberiabank Corp (LA)||Banks||$4.2 bln||3.2%|
|2||STL||Sterling Bancorp (NY)||Banks||$5.5 bln||3.2%|
|3||HOMB||Home BancShares (AR)||Banks||$4.0 bln||3.0%|
|4||SBCF||Seacoast Banking Corp (FL)||Banks||$1.2 bln||3.0%|
|5||WAL||Western Alliance Bancorp (AZ)||Banks||$6.0 bln||2.9%|
|6||PNFP||Pinnacle Financial Partners (TN)||Banks||$5.2 bln||2.9%|
|7||PPBI||Pacific Premier Bancorp (CA)||Banks||$1.9 bln||2.7%|
|8||HIG||Hartford Financial||Insurance||$20.1 bln||2.5%|
|9||JRVR||James River Group Holdings||Insurance||$1.2 bln||2.5%|
|10||VOYA||Voya Financial||Insurance||$8.9 bln||2.3%|
1. As at December 29, 2017, as a percent of net asset value.
Additional Portfolio Disclosure as of December 29, 2017
- HFMU.U had 65 holdings, including 42 banks, 8 insurers, 5 asset managers, and 4 investment banking / brokerage companies
- Of the 42 banks, 38 had total assets of less than $100 billion
- The banks are headquartered in 31 different states, across all regions, including 18% of the portfolio in the West, 23% in the Southeast, 12% in the Midwest, 9% in the Southwest, 23% in the Mid-Atlantic, and 8% in the Northeast
- Of the 8 insurance companies, there are 4 P&C insurers, 2 life insurers, and 2 multi-line insurers
The investment objective of Hamilton Capital U.S. Mid-Cap Financials ETF (USD) (“HFMU.U”) is to seek long-term returns, consisting of long-term capital growth and dividends from an actively managed equity portfolio of, primarily, United States-based mid-cap financial services companies.
HFMU.U will seek to achieve its investment objective through the selection of equity investments in financial services companies that, in the Portfolio Adviser’s view, represent an attractive investment opportunity, relative to other such companies. In determining which companies to include in the ETF’s portfolio, the Portfolio Adviser will apply specialized analysis and expertise, reviewing a company’s individual attributes such as its valuation and growth prospects, as well as the macro environment, including, but not limited to, GDP growth, inflation and interest rate trends, fiscal and monetary policies, and regulatory trends within its subsector, or geography.
The ETF’s portfolio is anticipated to be comprised primarily of mid-cap (i.e., having a market capitalization of between US$500 million and US$20 billion) companies based in the United States. However, the ETF’s investments may be selected from any subsector, country, or capitalization level of the global financial services sector. Specifically, the portfolio may include, but is not limited to, commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, brokerages, asset managers, exchanges, real estate investment trusts and other investment companies. The ETF does not seek to hedge its exposure to the U.S. dollar back to the Canadian dollar.
|Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payment Date||Payment Amount||Type||Distribution Frequency|
The estimated annualized yield is 1.13%.*
* Calculated using the December 15, 2017 net asset value per unit.
2017-12-19 Hamilton Capital Announces December 2017 Distributions (CNW)
2017-09-20 Hamilton Capital Announces September 2017 Distributions (CNW)
2016-12-13 Howard J. Atkinson Joins Board of Hamilton Capital (CNW)
2016-01-14 Hamilton Capital products among a crowded field of ETF hopefuls (Globe and Mail)
To view the filings of the Hamilton Capital U.S. Mid-Cap Financials ETF (USD) (HFMU.U) on SEDAR, please click here.
Quarterly Summary of Investment Portfolio
2017-09-30 2017Q3 Summary of Investment Portfolio
Independent Review Committee
2017-01-14 2016 Annual Report to Securityholders
Disclaimer: A prospectus containing important information relating to these securities has been filed with the securities commissions or similar authorities in certain jurisdictions of Canada. Copies of the prospectus may be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org, www.hamilton-capital.com or on the SEDAR website (www.sedar.com).
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with an investment in exchange traded products managed by Hamilton Capital Partners Inc. (the “Hamilton Products”). The Hamilton Products are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. The prospectus contains important detailed information about the Hamilton Products. Please read the prospectus before investing.